I am an accredited BACP Integrative Counsellor with over 15 years' experience, incorporating: Psychodynamic, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Humanistic principles. I am also a qualified Interpersonal Psychotherapist (IPT) and EMDR therapist.
I am a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (www.bacp.co.uk) and bound by their Ethical Code of Practice where I update my practice with training and regular supervision.
I have found that Counselling helps a person to find effective ways of managing their lives, enabling them to find appropriate tools to manage those worries and anxieties. By identifying patterns of behaviour, counselling can help find ways for us to cope with day-to-day life and decision making.
As your Counsellor I am guided by your needs, sometimes bringing an awareness of past issues whilst remaining focused on the here and now. This is done in a supportive, encouraging and collaborative environment, as you travel this particular part of your life's journey.
My years of experience as a Counsellor include working with a diverse range of clients in the following settings
- IAPT NHS Counsellor and Supervisor
- University Student Counsellor
- Bereavement Counsellor and Co-facilitator of Bereavement Training course within Hospice
- GP Practice Counsellor
- Rape and Sexual Abuse Counsellor
- Counsellor with MIND, the mental health charity
I continue to update my skills and am trained in the following approaches;
- Eye Movement Desensitisation & Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT)
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
- Certificate Couples & Relationship Therapy
- Compassion Focussed Therapy
- Certificate in Clinical Supervision (BPS Approved)
- Stress Management
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checked and GDPR compliant.
I am registered with -
- BUPA (https://finder.bupa.co.uk/go/mrs_andrea_bailey)
- Employee Assistance Programmes (EAP's) and Insurance claims
- BAATN (Black and Asian Therapist Network).